Prepare your work for the next Dummy Award!
Fully aware of the technical and economic difficulties involved in the production of photobooks, since 2015 Fiebre Photobook offers an annual award aimed at publishing the best dummy, selected among all submitted proposals.
In this period we have had the opportunity to work with 6 authors from different parts of the world. Here you can see the publications by Martín Estol, Blanca Munt, Juan Orrantia, Andrew Waits, Olga Bushkova and Bernardita Morello.
Shortly we will begin with the publication of the last winner of the 7th edition, with the Danish photographer Julia Mejnertsen and her work “HUN”.
The registration period for the VIII call for entries will open soon and the prize will consist of:
- A print run of 500 copies of the winning dummy, 25 of which will be for the author.
- The author will receive 1,000 euros in royalties.
- The official presentation will take place in Madrid, in the following edition of the festival, and travel expenses and accommodation expenses in Spain, will be covered from anywhere in the world.
- The 10 finalist dummies will be part of the virtual exhibition, which will take place on the Fiebre Photobook website during certain dates.
In the production process, we will have the collaboration of the following professionals:
- Artes Gráficas Palermo finances the production, including printing, paper and binding.
- Dalpine co-edits and distributes the publication, facilitating the presence in the main photobook fairs as well as the diffusion among agents and specialized critics.
- La Troupe performs the prepress and optimization of the images.
- The Fiebre team coordinates the communication and diffusion campaign of the photobook.
If you are working on a dummy, don’t miss the opportunity to apply for this call. Sign up for our newsletter to be informed of the launch date!